Tuesday, February 13, 2007

The Beginning

And so it begins. For some time now, I've been meaning to catch up with the twenty-first century and start a blog. Now I have. It's funny though, when it seems that there is no appropriate outlet for the things floating around in your head, all of those thoughts seem so deep and profound, even potentially world-changing. Then when you sit down and actually try to say something that the whole known universe has access to, all you can come up with is reflective, self-depricating drivel about how you've got nothing to say. I guess that's not really funny at all. Kind of sad really.

However, one thought that I would like to share actually has to do with the most common of topics among small-talkers everywhere: the weather. Something needs to be said about snow, and more precisely, about shoveling snow. I understand that if you've got a substantial amount of snow (anything that can be expressed in feet: 1/2 foot, three feet, etc.), it's probably a good idea that, assuming your someone who owns/uses a car and a driveway, that you shovel said driveway. But if there is roughly an inch of snow on the ground, to me, shoveling a driveway seems like possibly the biggest waste of time ever. Especially if the snow is still falling, and will continue to snow for the next several hours, in which case that seems like some kind of ignorant, Sisyphus-inspired self-abuse. Maybe I'm just missing something in my understanding of snow-shoveling, but needless to say, my driveway will remain undisturbed this evening.

No comments: